Increasing the Building Envelope Resilience to Moisture Damage
The University of Sydney
This scholarship has been established to provide financial assistance to a PhD student who is undertaking research in the knowledge gaps related to architectural strategies and construction practices to address excessive dampness and mould proliferation in Australian homes by developing guidelines for design and construction of resilient building envelopes.
This scholarship is funded by the Victorian Building Association (VBA).
This scholarship will provide an annual stipend allowance equivalent to the minimum RTP rate (indexed on 1 January each year) for up to three years, subject to satisfactory academic performance.
- be a domestic student
- have an unconditional offer of admission or be enrolled in a full-time PhD at the Sydney School of Architecture Design and Planning
- be willing to conduct research into developing clear design guidelines for design and construction of resilient building envelopes
- hold a master's degree in architectural science with a substantial research component
- be familiar with the principles of hygrothermal processes and design.
- be compliant with WUFI Software.
An applicant without an unconditional offer of admission may apply and be selected, however, no scholarship offer will be sent until the applicant has an unconditional offer of admission.