Ernie Stewart Memorial Scholarship
THE UNIVERSITY OF MELBOURNE
Bequeathed by the late Ernest Alfred Stewart to the Faculty of Veterinary and Agricultural Sciences to establish a Scholarship for a Tasmanian student to study veterinary science at the University. Mr Stewart’s interest in wildlife and veterinary science arose because of his love of dogs and animals in general.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- Be enrolled to commence study in a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (in either the Animal Health and Disease major [Veterinary Bioscience specialisation] in the third year of the Bachelor of Science, or as a graduate in the first year of the DVM program (DVM1))
- Completed secondary School in Tasmania and have a home address in Tasmania
- Meet the rural student criteria if you did not go to school in Tasmania (rural requirements listed at https://fvas.unimelb.edu.au/study/scholarships/scholarship-applications )
- The scholarship will be awarded based on academic merit as determined by the FVAS Scholarship Committee.
- Preference will be given to students from Tasmania
- Students from rural areas will then be considered