Ernest Scott Prize
THE UNIVERSITY OF MELBOURNE
This prestigious prize is awarded to original published research that contributes to the history of Australia or New Zealand or to the history of colonisation in these countries.
What are the benefits?
Up to $12,600.
Read about the 2022 award-winning publications by Dr Lucy Mackintosh and Emeritus Professor Janet McCalman here. A full list of past winners can be found here.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- have published original research on the history of Australia/New Zealand (edited or republished works are not eligible); and,
- live in Australia or New Zealand or the respective external territories.
- be based upon original research, which is, in the opinion of the judges, the most distinguished contribution to the history of Australia or New Zealand or to the history of colonisation in these countries;
- have been published during the two calendar years immediately prior to the first day of January of the year in which it is to be awarded; and,
- be submitted by publishers. Authors are advised to request their publishers to submit their books on their behalf if they wish to apply.