Eric Dubsky Memorial Engineering Leadership Scholarship
Eric Dubsky was an electrical engineer who immigrated to Australia from Nazi occupied Austria shortly before the outbreak of World War II in 1939.
Initially with his father and then as chairman and managing director he developed a small manufacturer Vulcan Electrics Pty Ltd into one of the top 100 companies in Australia - Vulcan Industries Australia Ltd. Vulcan produced a range of innovative domestic and commercial products and had 2000 employees. He employed engineering students as trainees with the company, many of whom became leaders with Vulcan and other engineering companies.
This award continues his legacy by providing young engineers with the opportunity to develop into future leaders of Australian industry.
- Based on academic achievement.
To retain this scholarship:
- You must maintain a minimum Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 70
You must be one of the following:
- An Australian citizen
- A New Zealand citizen
- Australian permanent resident
- Australian humanitarian visa holder
- An International student
You must meet the following criteria:
- Enrolled in any single or double undergraduate degree in the Faculty of Engineering at a Monash campus in Australia.
- Have completed a minimum of 48 credit points in their Engineering degree.
- Be participating in the Engineering Leadership Program at the time of application.