Institute of Education Postgraduate Pathway Scholarship
Institute of Education staff are actively engaged in a diverse range of research on significant educational questions. There is a strong focus on providing high quality research and professional training pathway experiences for postgraduate students. The Institute can provide an authentic training pathway by including recipients as members of one of the research teams, and by supporting recipients to make a practical contribution to scholarly and professional knowledge. You are invited to apply for one of the following scholarships:
Kia Mārama Postgraduate Pathway Scholarship; for applicant’s who identify as Māori or are undertaking research in the area of Māori education
Growing Pearls of Wisdom Postgraduate Pathway Scholarship; for applicants who identify as Pacific or are undertaking research in the area of Pacific education
Postgraduate Pathway Scholarship
Who we're looking for:
Before applying for this scholarship, it is important you have discussed and agreed upon an intended research topic. This research should have strategic alignment with the Institute of Education.
The Joint Staff-Postgraduate Student Research Projects booklet outlines information about our staff researchers and the educational studies they are currently engaged in, as well as current research projects being undertaken. You are expected to align your own research with that of our staff researchers or a current research project.
What you'll be studying This is a postgraduate scholarship. You will have completed the taught component of your postgraduate qualification in education and be intending to enrol in the research course of a master's degree within the Institute of Education, Massey University.
You should be intending to enrol in one of the following courses:
- 267.881/267.882 Education Thesis (90 credits)
- 267.871/267.872 Education Thesis (120 credits)
- 271.808/271.809 Speech Language Therapy (120 credits)
- 267.881 Education Thesis 90 credits Part 1 (45 credits) and 267.882 Education Thesis 90 credits Part 2 (45 credits)
- 267.871 Education Thesis 120 credits Part 1 (60 credits) and 267.872 Education Thesis 120 credits Part 2 (60 credits)
- 271.808 Speech Language Therapy Thesis 120 credits Part 1 (60 credits) and 271.809 Speech Language Therapy Thesis 120 credits Part 2 (60 credits)
While priority is given to thesis students, consideration may also be given to those students completing a professional inquiry, research project or applied research report.
- 267.861 Professional Inquiry (45 credits)
- 267.860 Professional Inquiry (60 credits)
- 267.875 Professional Inquiry in Specialist Teaching (45 credits)
- 253.800 Research Project Counselling (45 credits)
- 256.847 Applied Research in Educational Psychology (60 credits)
Include the following with your application:
- a brief (one page maximum) description of the intended research being undertaken within your Project or Research Area
- a letter of support from academic staff member affiliated with your intended research
When choosing our recipients we will consider your academic achievements in your coursework, with a minimum GPA of A- usually expected. We will also take into account the research alignment with staff.