Indigenous Student Success Program
Education is a key factor in improving your economic and social well being. The Commonwealth also understands the significant benefit of an education environment that acknowledges, respects and embraces Indigenous peoples’ cultures, languages, traditions and spirituality.
If you would like some additional educational financial support, so you can focus on achieving academic success in your studies, please consider applying for the Indigenous Higher Education Scholarship.
This scholarship offers cash payments up to $4000 over one year.
Indigenous Higher Education Scholarship
To be eligible you must be:
- an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person
- enrolled in an undergraduate or postgraduate degree at Deakin University in Trimester 1 2023
- experiencing financial and/or personal hardship.
Preference will be given to students from remote and very remote areas as defined by the Australian Statistical Geography Standard – Remoteness Area (ASGS-RA). To see areas classified under ASGS-RA, search the Health Workforce Locator. Tick ASGS Remoteness Areas 2016, enter your address and click Search Location.
The following will be taken into consideration when applications are assessed:
- the degree of your involvement in your local Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community
- location, financial, education or social disadvantage
- responsibility for others
- disability status.