ESTHER M. SMITH SCHOLARSHIP FUND
Community Foundation of the Eastern Shore,
Choice of School: Accredited four-year college or university, or accredited two-year institution.
Students must have maintained a GPA of 2.0 or higher, and been accepted for admission as a full-time student at an accredited four-year college or university, or a two-year education or career training institution.
Nature of Award: $1,000 minimum for one academic year, and are eligible to reapply for up to a maximum of four consecutive years.
How to Apply: Applications are available at the guidance office of the public high school in Wicomico County where the student is enrolled or on the www.cfes.org website. Completed applications must be submitted to the Scholarship Advisory Committee Chair. (Address indicated on Scholarship Application Form) by no later than April 1st to be considered for a scholarship award. An application is considered complete only when the following have been submitted:
- A completed scholarship application
- Official high school transcript of grades
- Letter of acceptance from college or university
- A written essay on the following subject: How my disability has affected my life and what challenges I have had to overcome.
- Two letters of recommendation from non-family members (e.g. teacher, guidance counselor, employer, athletic coach, etc.)
- Successful applicants may be required to be interviewed by the Scholarship Advisory Committee.
Who May Apply:
Applicants must be Wicomico High School public school graduates with a disability as accepted and defined by the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA )