ERNEST AND MAE PORTER AGRICULTURAL SCHOLARSHIP
Community Foundation of the Eastern Shore,
Choice of School: Applicants must be accepted for full time enrollment at an accredited four-year college or university, or accredited two-year institution of higher learning.
Qualifications: Applicants must have a reputation of good character and should be a well-rounded citizen. Successful applicants should demonstrate they have the maturity and commitment to succeed in college. Applicants must have a minimum 2.0 GPA.
Nature of Award: Award will be a minimum of $1,000 or an amount based on the available to grant balance in the fund.
How to Apply:
Applications are available at www.cfes.org or in the school’s Guidance office. Completed applications MUST BE submitted (and postmarked) to the Scholarship Advisory Committee Chair annually, no later than April 1st to be considered for a scholarship award, only when the following have been submitted:
- A completed scholarship application
- Official high school transcript of grades
- Letter of acceptance from College or University
- Two letters of recommendation from non-family members (e.g. teacher, guidance counselor, employer, athletic coach, etc.)
- Applicants must submit an essay, written by them, outlining “Why I want to pursue a career in agriculture/farming”. Maximum length: 1,000 words.
Completed Application with Attachments may be submitted to: Ernest and Mae Porter Agricultural Scholarship Advisory Committee 11211 School House Rd Mardela Springs, MD 21837-2214
Who May Apply:
Qualified applicants must be graduates of Queen Anne’s County High School in Centerville, Md., must be a member of FFA for a minimum of two years, and plan to seek a career relating to agriculture/farming.