Estranged Student Bursary
Buckinghamshire New University
If you’re an Estranged Student, we will offer you £1,100 each year to help you during your studies. We understand that you face additional challenges and we will do our best to support you at every stage of your studies.
In addition to the bursary there will be an available room for you in our accommodation all year round*, assistance with your university application and a mentor from arrival to graduation.
View UCAS and Student Finance guidance on Estrangement definitions.
Awarding Amount: We will offer you £1,100 each year of your course to support you with your studies and living costs (Not including Repeat Years of study). All our funds are paid to your Bucks Future Success Account.
When to Apply:
Student can apply once if enrolled on the current 22/23 academic year.
How to Apply: You will need to provide confirmation of Estranged Student status from Student Finance England (or equivalent funding body) or a letter from your local council/authority confirming your status to firstname.lastname@example.org
*students are expected to pay the given rent and you may not be able to choose which Halls you are in subject to availability. Find out more information about accommodation.
- You must be aged 25 or younger
- You must be a UK student
- You must be estranged from your parents or guardians for a minimum of 3 years.
- You need to select BNU as your unconditional firm offer
- You must meet the eligibility criteria of Student Finance England or an equivalent funding body as an estranged student
- You must be studying an undergraduate degree or a degree with foundation year full-time at one of our main campuses