The Embassy of the United States in Tbilisi announces an open competition for past participants (“alumni”) of U.S. government-funded and U.S. government-sponsored exchange programs to submit applications to the 2023 Alumni Engagement Innovation Fund (AEIF 2023). We seek proposals from teams of at least two alumni that meet all program eligibility requirements below. Exchange alumni interested in participating in AEIF 2023 should submit proposals to TbilisiGrants@state.gov with the subject line AEIF 2023 by February 24, 2023, 18:00.
A. PROGRAM DESCRIPTION
AEIF provides alumni of U.S. sponsored and facilitated exchange programs with funding to expand on skills gained during their exchange experience to design and implement innovative solutions to global challenges facing their community. Since its inception in 2011, AEIF has funded nearly 500 alumni-led projects around the world through a competitive global competition. This year, AEIF 2023 will support the United States’ commitment to Georgia’s further integration with the West as a more democratic and stable country.
US Embassy Tbilisi will accept public service projects proposed and managed by teams of at least two (2) alumni that support themes such as:
● Exposure to American culture and shared values, particularly for those in regions;
● Strengthen economic prosperity, promote innovation, foster entrepreneurship, and improve the digital economy;
● Reinforce democratic values;
● Community integration, inclusion, and tolerance-building;
● Skills building for women, youth, and people with disabilities;
● Supporting de-occupation and reconciliation;
● Projects that support cultural preservation in rural areas or in marginalized communities.
AEIF projects must address at least one of the following:
● Bring alumni together from different exchange programs to build or expand an alumni network capable of working together on common interests and increase regional and global collaboration of alumni.
● Strengthen the relationship between alumni and the U.S. government to work together on activities that address mutual goals and challenges.
● Support alumni as they develop their leadership capacity and implement projects in their communities.
B. FEDERAL AWARD INFORMATION
Funding Opportunity Title: Alumni Engagement Innovation Fund (AEIF 2023)
Funding Opportunity Number: DOS-GEO-23-002-01092023
Announcement posted: January 9, 2023
Closing date for applications: February 24, 2023, 18:00.
Funding type: Grant. Fixed Amount Award. Cooperative Agreement.
Expected size of individual awards: Between $5,000 to $35,000.
Program Performance Period: Proposed programs should be completed in 12 months timeframe or less. Expected start of the project should be September, 2023.
The following individuals are eligible to apply: ● Applicants must be alumni of a U.S. government-funded exchange program (https://alumni.state.gov/list-exchange-programs) or a U.S. government-sponsored exchange program (https://j1visa.state.gov/). ● Projects teams must include teams of at least two (2) alumni. ● Alumni who are U.S. citizens may not submit proposals, but U.S. citizen alumni may participate as team members in a project. ● Alumni teams may be composed of alumni from different exchange programs and different countries. ● Applications must be submitted by exchange alumni. Not-for-profit, non-governmental organizations, think tanks, and academic institutions are not eligible to apply in the name of the organization but can serve as partners for implementing project activities.