ESRC: Working with Luxembourg researchers

UK Research and Innovation

Rolling deadline
R&D and Higher Education
Research, Development and Innovation

You can apply to work with researchers in Luxembourg. Collaborative work is governed by an agreement between UKRI and Fonds National de la Recherche (FNR), Luxembourg.

You can apply for between £350,000 and £1 million full economic cost for the UK part of the project. If your application is successful, ESRC will contribute 80% of your costs and the host institution is expected to support the remaining 20%.

You may submit collaborative research proposals in any area of social sciences within the remit of both the ESRC and FNR. Projects can last up to five years.

You can submit a collaborative research proposal in any area of the social sciences within the remit of both the ESRC and FNR.

All proposals should be submitted through our standard grants scheme.

The costs being requested from ESRC for the UK part of the project should be a minimum of £350,000 and no more than £1 million at 100% full economic cost.

If you are unsure whether your research is suitable for ESRC funding, please read our full list of acceptable ESRC research areas.


UK partners You are eligible to apply if you:

  • are a member of a recognised UK research organisation or have an offer of support (including use of facilities) from a recognised research organisation
  • live within reasonable travelling distance of the research organisation
  • take responsibility for directing the research and will be actively involved in carrying it through
  • are a member of the Peer Review College or willing to join.

UK applicants must comply with ESRC’s eligibility requirements for standard research grants.

Luxembourg partners

You must be based at an eligible institution in Luxembourg. These include public research centres, the University of Luxembourg, public bodies, departments and establishments which can support research in your chosen area.

You should contact FNR to confirm you are eligible to apply.

Learn more or apply
All information about this funding has been collected from and belongs to the funding organization
20 April 2023