Innovative components and/or sub-systems for CSP plants and/or concentrating solar thermal installations
Concentrating solar thermal technologies supply renewable, dispatchable energy and can therefore be an important element of the evolving energy system. Project results are expected to contribute to some of the following expected outcomes:
- Higher shares of variable output renewables in the energy system.
- Higher efficiency of concentrated solar power (CSP) plants and/or concentrating solar thermal installations.
- Reduced operation and maintenance costs of CSP plants and/or concentrating solar thermal installations.
- Achievement of the targets of the SET Plan Initiative for Global Leadership in CSP. Scope :
Support will be given to the demonstration of innovative, cost effective and more reliable components and/or sub-systems for CSP plants and/or concentrating solar thermal installations. The components and/or sub-systems will allow better efficiency in terms of solar energy conversion.
The demonstration should span a continuous interval of at least six months covering all possible incidence angles of the direct solar radiation.
Projects are expected to assess the sustainability of the proposed components and/or sub-systems in environmental, social and economic terms.
All demonstrators should be fully and transparently documented, to ensure replicability, up-scaling and to assist future planning decisions.
Specific Topic Conditions :
Activities are expected to achieve TRL 6-7 by the end of the project – see General Annex B.
Cross-cutting Priorities :
Artificial Intelligence Digital Agenda
- Admissibility conditions: described in Annex A and Annex E of the Horizon Europe Work Programme General Annexes
The page limit of the application is 70 pages.
Proposal page limits and layout: described in Part B of the Application Form available in the Submission System
- Eligible countries: described in Annex B of the Work Programme General Annexes
A number of non-EU/non-Associated Countries that are not automatically eligible for funding have made specific provisions for making funding available for their participants in Horizon Europe projects. See the information in the Horizon Europe Programme Guide .
3 . Other eligibility conditions: described in Annex B of the Work Programme General Annexes
Financial and operational capacity and exclusion: described in Annex C of the Work Programme General Annexes
Evaluation and award:
Award criteria, scoring and thresholds are described in Annex D of the Work Programme General Annexes
Indicative timeline for evaluation and grant agreement: described in Annex F of the Work Programme General Annexes
- Legal and financial set-up of the grants: described in Annex G of the Work Programme General Annexes
- Specific conditions: described in the [specific topic of the Work Programme]
Standard application form — call-specific application form is available in the Submission System
- NOTA: the page limit for this topic is 70 pages (Part B Technical Annex)
Standard evaluation form — will be used with the necessary adaptations