European Film Distribution
- Improvement in the trans-national distribution of recent non-national European films.
- Increase in the investment in the production, acquisition, promotion, theatrical and online distribution of non-national European films.
- Develop links between the production and distribution sector thus improving the competitive position of non-national European films.
There are two phases for the funded activities:
The generation of a potential fund which will be attributed according to the performance of the company on the European market.
The implementation of the action - the potential fund thus generated by each company must be reinvested in:
the co-production of eligible non-national European films;
the acquisition of distribution rights, for example by means of minimum guarantees, of eligible non-national European films;
promotion, marketing and advertising on the market of eligible non-national European films both for theatrical and online releases;
activities for eligible non-national European films.
Eligible countries : as described in the Call document .
Eligibility and admissibility conditions: as described in the Call document .
Proposal page limits and layout: Please refer to Part B of the standard proposal template .
Evaluation criteria, scoring, threshold and process are described in the Call document .
- Indicative timetable for evaluation and grant agreement: as described in the Call document.
Publication of the call: 22 November 2022
Deadline for submitting applications: April, 27 2023 17:00 (Brussels Time)
Evaluation period: May - September 2023
Information to applicants: October 2023
Signature of grant agreement: December 2023 - January 2024
- Proposal templates, guidance and model grant agreements (MGA):
Certified admissions (certification of admissions by the designated national authority)