The objective of the support to European co-development is to support the cooperation among European production companies that are developing works with a strong international audience potential.
- Increased collaboration at development stage between European production companies from different countries and from different markets and consequently an increased number of co-productions.
- Increased quality, feasibility, cross-border potential and market value of selected projects.
- A stronger position on European and international markets for companies selected under European co-development.
Description of the activities to be funded
The European co-development action shall provide support to the development of a single project for commercial exploitation intended for cinema release, television broadcasting or commercial exploitation on digital platforms or a multi-platform environment in the following categories: animation, creative documentary or fiction. The project must be co-developed by at least two European independent production companies, having signed a co-development agreement specifying the division of tasks and the collaboration on creative aspects.
The aim is to provide funds to audiovisual production companies to develop works with high creative value and cultural diversity and wide cross-border exploitation potential. Companies are encouraged to develop strong and innovative collaborations at creative and financing level and to develop strategies for marketing and distribution from the outset of the development phase thus improving the potential to reach audiences at a European and international level.
Applications should present adequate strategies to ensure a more sustainable and more environmentally-respectful industry and to ensure gender balance, inclusion, diversity and representativeness.
Eligible countries : as described in the Call document .
Eligibility and admissibility conditions: as described in the Call document section 5 (Admissibility and documents) and section 6 (Eligibility).
Evaluation critera, scoring, threshold and process are described in the Call document Section 8 (Evaluation and award procedure) and Section 9 (Award criteria).
- Indicative timetable for evaluation and grant agreement: as described in the Call document .
Publication of the call: 22 November 2022
Deadline for submitting applications: 26 April 2023 - 17:00:00 CET (Brussels)
Evaluation period: May-September 2023
Information to applicants: October 2023
Signature of grant agreement: December 2023
- Proposal templates, guidance and model grant agreements (MGA):
Standard annexes templates: