Erasmus Mundus Joint Masters
The EMJM supports high-level integrated transnational study programmes at Master level (level 7 of the international standard classification of education ISCED 2011) delivered by an international consortium of higher education institutions (HEIs) from different countries worldwide and, where relevant, other educational and/or non-educational partners with specific expertise and interest in the concerned study areas/professional domains.
EMJMs are programmes of excellence and should contribute to the integration and internationalisation of the European Higher Education Area (EHEA). The specificity of EMJMs lies in the high degree of jointness/integration among the participating institutions and the excellence of their academic content.
The EMJM aims to enhance the attractiveness and excellence of European higher education in the world and attract talent to Europe, through a combination of:
(i). institutional academic cooperation to showcase European excellence in higher education, and
(ii). individual mobility for all students taking part in the EMJM, with EU-funded scholarships for the best students applying.
- Eligible countries : as described in the Call document .
The list of eligible countries for the additional funds for students from targeted regions of the world is the following: regions 1, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11 financed by the EU’s external action instruments.
The definition of the regions is provided in Part A of the Erasmus+ Programme Guide 2023, under Eligible countries.
- Eligibility and admissibility conditions: as described in the Call document .
Proposal page limits and layout: Please refer to Part B of the standard proposal template (70 pages maximum).
Evaluation criteria, scoring, threshold and process are described in the Call document .
- Indicative timetable for evaluation and grant agreement: as described in the Call document .
Publication of the call: 24/11/2022
Deadline for submitting applications: 16/02/2023 17:00 (Brussels Time)
Evaluation period: February-June 2023
Information to applicants: July 2023
Signature of grant agreement: October 2023
- Proposal templates, guidance and model grant agreements (MGA):
Note that an information session for applicants took place on 22 November 2022. Further information is available on the 'Events' section of the EACEA's website.
In line with the instructions in the form, please create two work packages only, namely:
• WP1 - Management and implementation of the master programme (including coordination, curriculum implementation, promotion, impact, sustainability and dissemination).
• WP2 - Selection and supervision of students
The number of milestones is free, but we strongly advise you to limit this to the most important moments in your project.
Upon selection, during the preparation of your grant agreement you will be asked to add an annual milestone end of April to upload your student selection results in the mobility tool.
The number of deliverables is free, but we strongly recommend applicants to limit them to maximum 15 and to group activities, to facilitate further contracting and management if your application is selected. We would expect to see the following main deliverables:
• Project website (due by the time the programme needs to be advertised to student applicants);
• Promotion material
• Signed partnership agreement (due by the time the first students will be enrolled);
• Student agreement template (due by the time the first students will be enrolled);
• Copy of the diploma and diploma supplement templates (due by the time the first students will be enrolled);
• Signed minutes of selection meetings (annual / per academic year);
• Internal / external quality review (periodic if relevant) reports ;
• Sustainability / business plan.
Upon selection, during the preparation of your grant agreement you will be asked to add other deliverables in view of the reporting vis-à-vis EACEA.
Please do not yet add any deliverable linked to progress or final / financial reports (to EACEA) in your application.
We would also strongly recommend using the dissemination level ‘SEN(sitive)’ for your deliverables. Note that “PUB(lic)” deliverables will be automatically displayed by the system on the due date that you indicated in the application.