Apply for a full time student discount

Doncaster Council

Rolling deadline
Yorkshire and the Humber
Education, Skills Building and Training Health, Justice and Social Welfare

What is this for? To apply for a Council Tax reduction because someone in your household is:

  • a Full time student, under 20 years old and still in full time education,
  • a Non-British spouse/partner who is dependent on a student,
  • a Foreign Language Assistant,
  • a person whose main home is in the UK, but are studying abroad in the EU.

What is it going to cost? Free


What we need from you:

We will ask you to register for a MyDoncaster account if you haven’t already. This will allow you to track your enquiry, and for us to tell you the outcome of your request. You will also be able to access additional online services offered by us.

You will need your Council Tax account and Property Reference number to submit your request. These can be found on your bill.

We will ask you to supply details about your household, the student’s course and place of study, any Child Benefit that is being received, or details of the foreign language assistant’s appointment.

You will also be asked to supply proof of your course, benefit, or appointment. This can be uploaded as part of this form, or supplied later. If you do not supply the required evidence, this may cause a delay to your application being processed.

Learn more or apply
All information about this funding has been collected from and belongs to the funding organization
19 April 2023